September 09, 2018
October 01, 2018
This started with McCall's M7003, a costume coat. I modified the pattern to make it slimmer. I added a quilted, leather shoulder pad to the right shoulder, to give it a hunting jacket feel. The whole thing is made from vintage fabric remnants from various flea markets – so I didn't have anything that was the right size or not a bit wonky from age.
The shell is the end of a wool piece from a a 70+ year old stash. It was the start of the weave, so there are some loose bits that I had to cut around. The lining is red silk that had lots of small tears from being improperly shipped. The color is dyed lambs fur.